Open Source Projects
Several independent Open Source foundations and projects have been actively using oneM2M standards in various applications and services since oneM2M Release 1 was published in January 2015. These Open Source projects may be a useful place for developers to start to familiarise themselves with oneM2M.
- ACME is an open source CSE Middleware.The Intention is to provide an easy to install, extensible, and easy to use and maintain CSE. It includes an WebUI especially useful for education purpose.
- ATIS Open Source Internet of Things (OS-IoT) is an open source software library that simplifies the development of IoT devices, particularly small clients, that connect to the oneM2M ecosystem.
- IOTDM, part of the OpenDaylight project hosted by the Linux Foundation: Developing a oneM2M-based IoT Data Broker to enable authorised applications to retrieve IoT data uploaded by any device.
- OASIS SI, part of Open-source Architecture Semantic IoT Service-platform project: Developing code for the oneM2M-based IoT server platform. It consists of protocol binding, controller & resource handling and database layer for flexibility.
- OCEAN, open alliance for IoT standard, Open source implementations for oneM2M server/gateway/device platforms and applications are supported. Also, developer tools including platform resouce browser, self-conformance testing tool are provided. The oneM2M implementations for open hardwares like Raspberry Pi, Arduino are distributed to help oneM2M product development. Mobius, the oneM2M server implementation, got the oneM2M certification and it is designated as one of the golden samples.
- OM2M, hosted by the Eclipse Foundation and part of Eclipse’s IoT Working Group: Offers a flexible oneM2M-based platform to implement horizontal M2M servers, gateways, and devices. It brings forward a modular architecture, running on top of an OSGi container, which is highly extensible via plug-ins.
- OpenMTC is a integration middleware based on the oneM2M standard, for conducting applied research and developing innovative M2M and IoT applications. Its horizontal service approach easily integrates devices from different Industrial IoT verticals, independent of the underlying hardware or network infrastructure.
oneM2MTester is the world first free open source conformance testing tool that developers can use to check the compliance of their platforms and applications with oneM2M specifications. The oneM2MTester is built upon Eclipse TITAN, which is a free open source TTCN-3 compilation and execution framework also supporting Eclipse IDE. Developers can select test cases in the tool that are specified in oneM2M TS-0018 and get the test result. oneM2M Certification Body designated one of the commercialized conformance testing tools that is based on oneM2MTester as the authorized testing system.
It's recommended to also consult the oneM2M website page on Intellectual Property Rights, for details of the IPR policies which might apply.